Saturday 8 November 2014

Liebster Award Nomination!

Hello again!

Firstly I'd like to thank Sophie Perry for nominating me for the liebster award! Go check her blog out: itsveryperry.blogspot.co.uk

So now onto my Q&A's...

The Rules: 
- Answer the questions sent to you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have under 200 followers on Twitter
- Ask them 11 questions of your choice
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated 

1. Do you own any pets?
No I don't:( I've been pestering my parents to let me get a dog for years but they haven't given in yet:(

2. Who is your favourite band or musician? 
Ahhhh I don't know, it's so hard to choose a single artist. At the moment I'm having a serious problem with David Bowie, so that's my current answer. I also love Bon Iver and Daughter...

3. Do you prefer high street or high-end fashion and beauty? Why?
I'm not sure, being 15 and from a working class background, I've never really had the privileges of high end fashion or beauty, although more recently I've been interested and bought a few pieces of makeup from high end shops and I now own 2 pairs of Dr Martens (that's highish end right?). I've never had anything from anywhere like Chanel or Dior apart from perfumes, so I'll say high street, but if I had an endless supply of money I'd be surrounded by luxurious clothing and makeup believe me:)

4. What is your favourite book?
Again, this is so hard, I've barely been reading lately so I'm trying to remember books I've previously read. I remember reading a great book which made me cry a ridiculous amount when I was about 12, and it's always stuck with me. It's called Afterwards and it's by Rosamund Lupton, I loved this book and if I still remember it now then surely it must have been good. It's about a women and her daughter recovering from illnesses after being caught in a fire. It's from their POV as they are both having out of body experiences. They can freely walk around the hospital but they can't leave, they are both in comas but the daughter, Jenny, has a small chance of living if she doesn't find a heart donor. Her mother, Grace, is in a coma and unlikely to ever wake up. I won't tell you anymore, but honestly, give it a chance.

5. What is your favourite thing to blog about?
I like to blog about life. Vague I know, but I like to answer questions and share my opinions. I might do a film review soon, not sure. I just like sharing things with people I may never meet because I feel like I'm letting you have a piece of me.

6. What is your dream holiday destination?
Everywhere. I want to travel everywhere, seeing extraordinary things. I'd love to go to India, or Italy ( I would spend so long in restaurants and galleries).

7. Do you have any interesting hobbies other than blogging?
I love art, music and baking. I absolutely love watching films and coming up with my own short film ideas. I love to write songs aswell, which you'll probably know by now.

8. What has been your biggest achievement in life, so far?
Getting through school, only a few months left of Y11 now.

9. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
I'd love to meet Myles (itsamemyleo) because I know I'd always be laughing or thinking very deeply about life, and Gabrielle Aplin because she's unbelievably cute and her music is amazing. If I could meet someone who's dead, it would be Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe because they both seemed like wonderful women.

10. What is your dream job?
I'd love to be a musician or something creative, I'm just not sure what yet. Ever since I was born I've loved music and been obsessed with writing it, performing it and dreaming of making it a career. I've been a bit unsure over the last few years though, I feel like everyone expects me to do amazing things and sometimes that pressure gets a bit too much. I nearly burnt all my song books once. Glad I didn't.

11. What/who inspires you?
So many people. My friend Aimee because she's fab but she hates me talking about her so I'll move on swiftly.
David Bowie always confuses and excites me. He was so radical with his ideas and created a pathway for a new kind of image and music and I love how much of an impact an individual can have, that's kind of the same with the Beatles. They basically changed music, I love them.

I'm inspired by a lot of music if you couldn't tell, it's such an expressive medium, as is art. Everything can be art if it prolongs a feeling or idea - punching someone isn't art, but punching someone and capturing the effect and emotion either in a photograph, in words, or as a painting etc is art (Joe I win). I love how you can portray emotions through sounds and words and that people can actually relate to it. It makes you feel less alone. 

Sorry if that got a little too deep, I really like answering questions like this,
I'd like to nominate: 

My questions for you are:

1. Where do you go when you feel sad?
2. What's your favourite skincare product and why?
3. What's your favourite film?
4. Who/ what inspires you?
5. What are your top 3 songs at the moment?
6. What's your ultimate goal in life?
7. Who is the one person that has made an impact on your life?
8. What's your favourite comfort food?
9. What's your favourite thing to do when you're alone?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. Where would you like to travel the most?

Have fun!;)
Jen x

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for the nomination, will get this post done very soon <3

    Love the blog!

    Jessica Anna xx

    A So Called Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete